View Single Post
Old 08-19-20, 03:19 PM
wilson_smyth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts
Thanks for the replies all.
I think i gave the wrong impression that i wished i had a gravel bike, which is not at all the case. I love the bike i have, its perfect for what i use it for that if i got it custom built it wouldnt be massively different!
I got it because depending on my mood, my cycle to work can be along a canal path that wouldnt warrant a mountain bike, but defo wouldnt be fun with 23mm tires like on my previous (stolen) bike. I got it because it felt like it could handle that terrain, and also be nippy enough around traffic.

I was just curious regarding the categories, seeing as there is so much overlap.

Originally Posted by Maelochs
Remember back in the day, when you either had a bike or didn't? if you had a bike, you rode your bike. My love of MTB riding began on a 3-speed Sturmey-Archer-equipped Robin Hood when I was about nine .... if only I had known that it was the "wrong" bike.
My first bike was a little red folding bike with white tires with "dolly" written down the bar! As we got older, we all had what we called "Mountain bikes" by raleigh that weighted a ton and had little to do with anything about what people now know a mountain bike to be! If only i knew they were the wrong bikes i could have saved so much time wasted on fun and adventures!