View Single Post
Old 11-01-20, 12:13 AM
bigredgrad01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
After some hairline cracking issues on my previous alloy bike, I decided to build up a steel bike (for more tensile strength and minimal fatigue problems) with the parts. I was considering a Soma Smoothie with the carbon fork left over from an older bike, but those were sold out and then I saw a mint very low mileage current Ritchey Logic Frameset on Ebay and scored it for not too much more money. I am pretty happy with it so far. It's something special in terms of ride quality, composure, and feel. The smoothness is immediately noticeable and was a little surprising to me, I think they did a great job matching the carbon fork to the character of the steel frame. Initially, I thought the handling was a bit vague on steering inputs compared to my previous stiff tapered headset alloy racing frame and fork with shorter chainstays. But after a couple rides, my brain adjusted to how much input and weight loading it needs on the steering and it feels fine. It's not "carving" the corners like you are on skates that you would get with a stiffer front end, but it does what you want from it and in rough pavement corners, it feels very composed. Also, when pedaling,it feels very efficient without being overly stiff. Overall, a very nice bike that just feels good to ride and doesn't beat you up on longer rides.

Likes For bigredgrad01: