View Single Post
Old 03-27-19, 01:57 AM
Patriot1

Bikes: (2) 2019 Specialized Roll Sports, 1992 Merlin Road Ti, 1986 Schwinn Peloton, 2 Trek 920’s,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgeMD
Wow thanks for the input on the saddle and the post. Its not as noticeable now.

Hey Patriot1 What made you decide to use XPEL Paint Protection on your Matte Roll over liberal use of Helicopter Tape?
I want to protect the high rub and impact areas, and I like the idea of the tape as its easy to take off and put back on.
I am also very interested in protection as I will be getting a Sirrus in carbon later this season.
Night Owl here...
I had enough extra matte XPEL p/p laying around from a previous project that I decided it was enough to do both
our Rolls covering the top tube, down tube, seat post tube, front forks, steering stem, rear seat and chain stays.
Its tedious work, but satisfying once finished and you cannot see it unless I point out where its applied.
We have XPEL p/p on both our vehicles, have used it for years and it’s amazing paint protection material.
Should you need to remove it you apply steam and gently pull the material off the frame.
I personally do not see a need to remove the p/p material. Its excellent very strong, cleans up nicely with lemon pledge or Plexus.
Most of all I have learned and know how to install it properly. That’s my story.

Not p/p here but bought a small roll of 3m digital camo and covered my stem cap to match the camo bags.
Just a little SWAG I guess or custom detail work.

Digital camo stem cap.

Last edited by Patriot1; 03-27-19 at 02:23 AM.