Old 12-19-18, 03:13 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
Is there some trends posted by any study group that shows car owners getting rid of their cars for scooters? I don’t think so.
For that data to be there, there would have to be significant numbers of people dealing with financial hardship by switching to more affordable transportation. What you should be looking at is how people deal with economic hardship when they run out of money, can't get a new job, get evicted, etc. Then, if you could go back through all their financial mistakes, you might find a moment where they could have forgone automotive expenses and made do with other costs of living by going car-free, instead of running drugs or doing something else illegal to afford to keep driving, for example.

I'm for giving people legal/ethical options for making do with less money, with more affordable transportation as one such option.

I don’t believe you can connect scooters to mass transit in reality.

This sounds like the old conundrum of how can you fit an elephant into a refrigerator.
1. Open refrigerator door
2. Put Elephant in
3. Close door.

It's that simple really. With scooter/bike sharing, the steps are
1) check out share scooter/bike
2) ride to bus stop
3) leave scooter/bike for next user.

Maybe you can make it more complicated by adding another step where people have to ditch their cars before riding share vehicles to bus stops, like this:

Last edited by tandempower; 12-19-18 at 03:16 PM.