Thread: Yepp Maxi
View Single Post
Old 07-17-17, 08:10 PM
335si

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have an 11 month old and I am somewhat new to cycling. I have always ridden bikes, but never much on the road or gravel trails. I just moved to Pittsburgh and purchased a 2018 Trek Fx3 disc. I was excited that the Great Allegheny Passage is 100 feet from our door and I purchased a bike for the wife, myself, helmets, trailer, etc.

I found a used Burley Bee that had only been used once and thought we were on our way. Wrong....I found my 11 month old to be too short. His helmet doesn't reach the helmet pocket so his head/neck is pushed forward. He absolutely hated it and wouldn't stop crying.

Discouraged, I started looking into the rear child seats. I went ahead and purchased a Thule Ridealong on amazon for $200. The seat gets here tomorrow and i hope this solves the problem as I am about $2,000 into this with all the bikes, trailer, helmets and other miscellaneous gear. I will likely be able to recoup the $150-200 for the Burley Bee, but if my son doesn't like the Thule Ridealong i am afraid I wasted a lot of money. Well, my bike shouldn't be a waste as it is my only means of transportation, but the wife's bike, gear and all the baby stuff may be a waste....

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, but i will be sure to at least follow up with this thread by this weekend. I hope to ride tomorrow, but i am not counting on it.

Ken