Old 05-16-19, 01:32 PM
BicycleBicycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
I was going to wait until someone that actually owns these commented, but i'll thrown in my 2 cents about the generality of parts.
They look like omniums with a disc instead of a spider.
Outboard bearings, both are made of forged 7075, etc.

By generality of machining (and my limited knowledge about the fixed gear world, and general knowledge about the bmx world).
when two things are at the same price point, they usually wont have anything about them that makes them outrageously different from one another. They are all machined using basically the same machines, with the same materials.
When they do something extra special, it costs a lot more because more human effort or more specialized machinery or better materials are required.
Mostly, they will simply have either aesthetic differences, or some design differences.
(Like how the aerodash has a disc, and omniums have a spider, some cranks are 2 piece, others are 3, etc.). A lot of those differences make them "better" than the other because of the personal preference of the rider.

Once in a great while, someone comes up with a design or engineering process, and finds the right machinery to make something really special and different from everything else at that price point (Like H Plus Sons).
That's rare, and if it was true here, you would have probably heard about it. Whenever I see things like that, they get rave reviews by like every publication and everyone buys them.
If it's wildly different from other parts in a bad way, everyone finds out because their cranks are snapping left and right and the design was just horrible. Again, you would have heard about it.

That being said, go with what you think works best for your riding style, and what you think looks the best for your bike. You probably wont' notice a massive difference from something similar, but for just a taaad more, you can get something that is well known to be a very good crankset.

Last edited by BicycleBicycle; 05-16-19 at 01:42 PM.