Thread: Diabetics?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-19, 02:29 PM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by oldfatboy
OldsCOOL, thanks for your post!
lol, there's not a lot of ride hard in me. I'm trying to ride longer distance with some slight inclines/hills to gain some stamina along with some muscle building in my legs. I was able to ride 20 miles last week. lol, been a number of years since I did that Just learning how much time to let my body rest between rides.
Do you have neuropathy? It's getting worse in my feet. At times, don't feel the pedals, then look down and I'm pedaling on my heels. Will have to change pedals some time.
I generally go out with blood sugar between 80 and 110. That's basically because I prefer going out early in the mornings. Here, at that time, temps are high 30's to mid 40's. I carry drinks and couple sweets but don't know if I really need to. Most my legs can do is about 2 hrs of riding, then they're done. But I'll still carry something any way.

I'm glad for different suggestions. Everybody is different, but can learn from different ideas or modus operandi.

Godspeed!
No neuropathy, thank God. So far, so good. I have been a road rider since the early 70’s but laid off in adult years until 2005 when a friend gave me a classic/vintage Trek road racer and I recaptured the race heritage of those early years. Getting conditioned will take you a while but for this season of a new insulin learning curve, keep close tabs on your numbers. You will need less insulin as stated in earlier posts. Be patient and you might find yourself with a new passion.