genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Schwinnhund
You might try actually reading the document, specifically, the 14th Amendment, and then researching pertinent case law such as U.S. v Guest, 383 U.S. 745 (1966), and Shapiro v Thompson, 394 U.S. 618 (1969). US case law has established that there is an unconditional right to travel, except in cases where an individual may be under investigation, under an indictment, or a fugitive from justice. Tax money is spent to try to make roads safer for drivers, therefore under the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause, tax money must also be spent on other modes of transportation such as walking, and bicycling, to make it safe as well. This is not being done in most places.
I was being quite sarcastic as there is nothing in the 14th amendment regarding automobiles... However you do bring up an interesting point regarding the Equal Protection Clause... I wonder if that has ever been brought before the courts with regard to walking and cycling? I have to admit I am not a legal beagle, so I have no idea where to look.