View Single Post
Old 05-06-19, 10:56 PM
Saburo10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are there any e-bike motors that last?

I commute to work on my bike. I ride it all year. I am looking for an e-bike or a kit that can last. I realize that I will eventually have to replace a battery. That's fine. But a motor should outlast the battery..... shouldn't it?
Does anyone have any real life experience with a motor that lasts longer than 2 years with lots of use?
I'd like to hear from people who ride their bike all year. Preferably from people who are riding only ONE bike all year for more than two years. Not folks who ride it a lot.. for two months and then let it sit in the garage. Also not looking praise of the brand new bike that you've had for less than a week and it's freaking awesome! They are all awesome when they are brand new.... well maybe not all of them, but most of them.
I would love to hear from some people who really do use their e-bike as their primary transportation all year. I know I can't be the only one.
Does anyone know of an e-bike or an e-kit with a motor that can really go the distance beyond two years of heavy use? Again, I'm asking for feedback from people who have actually experienced such a bike. Your stories or advice would be a big help and greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Saburo10; 05-07-19 at 12:55 AM.