Old 07-04-20, 11:08 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Przewalski or Spotti shorts and bibs (these appear to be made by the same manufacturer). I have both and they're outstanding values. As of 2019 they used Dupont CoolMax pads, the most comfortable and best wicking pads I've tried. I'm not sure whether they still use those pads.

Nothing fancy in the appearance of the shorts and bibs, very generic like The Black Bibs. But good quality. My first pair of Przewalski shorts is two years old now, used a lot and shows little wear. I prefer the Spotti bibs over the Black Bibs, although the latter is also an excellent value. The Spotti suspenders stretch more easily to accommodate pee breaks. But the Black Bibs have no rubbery gripper strips on the leg hems, which some folks prefer -- some people get ingrown hairs or rashes from silicone grippers on legs.

Those are all as good as my Pearl Izumi shorts. However I usually prefer Pearl Izumi jerseys, especially their Elite Pursuit Speed jerseys -- excellent values, but the waist hem runs a bit short because it's intended only for wearing with bibs. They just fit me better and are often excellent values when you shop for unsold older stock. Ditto, Louis Garneau kit.