View Single Post
Old 02-25-21, 09:51 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
I don't see the advantage of having that stuff on the bike. A bike thief now gets your bike, DL and credit card while in an accident it complicates where people need to look for information (if they bother). If road riding I have a thick elastic band that I put around my cell phone to hold one CC and maybe DL (usually not). No cash any more. I resisted for a long time but now I tap everything.

Realistically, if I crash my wife will begin to wonder where I am in a few hours and call the cell. If it's minor, I'll answer. If it's major, someone probably has already scrolled through my contacts. My phone is unlocked.

In BC our Health Care Number can be added to the back of the license so you only need one card that way but you don't even need it for initial care. In fact, you can't "buy" better emergency care. They just fix everyone up regardless. Last week someone fell and broke a hip on our local mtb trail system. They rolled out fire rescue, ambulance and the sar team, no questions asked and no cost (maybe a service fee for ambulance [about $100] which can be waived if you are poor).

Last edited by Happy Feet; 02-25-21 at 09:56 AM.
Likes For Happy Feet: