MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10148 Post(s)
Liked 5,841 Times in 3,145 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
Doc is right, I was recuperating from anesthesia . . . that loopy feeling stays with you awhile.

All went well, the surgery team which includes the prep nurses, anesthesiologist, surgeon and recovery nurses (in that order) were all comforting, affable and professional. It means a lot for these people to make you feel confident and secure before going into a procedure. Even so, my BP pre-surgery was 156 / 77 compared to normal doctor's visits where I'm usually around 115 / 72 or thereabouts. Anxiety is real. lol

Pain is almost non-existent, I've been staying ahead of it really well with the prescribed Percocets every 4 hours.

It was a pretty hi-tech OR, I got a good look at the robot they use but regretted I couldn't take my own photo. Here's a stock photo of the setup.

My robot was a later model, shown here in a famous demonstration peeling a grape.

Bottom line is I survived; in 2 weeks I can resume all activities, no constraints. However in 6 weeks I'll be back under the knife, this for a left rotator cuff repair (sigh). Getting old ain't easy.

But all in all, I'm happy THIS is done.
Cool. Take it nice and easy and get back to 100% soon, Billy!
Likes For MoAlpha: