View Single Post
Old 02-22-15, 06:24 PM
kurtp13

Bikes: Trek 820, Cannondale F500 with Trekking bars and road tires, Bianchi Alfana, Panasonic PCI "Les Maillots", Cannondale M1000 Tandem, Schwinn Johnny, Trek Lime, 1964 Armstrong, 1962 Raleigh Gazelle, 1964 AMF Hercules, Brooklyn Cruiser Driggs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Midwest Ullrich
I managed to fit the bike inside a suitcase and successfully traveled on air (us air). About 46 lbs total with small tools, clothes,..etc. Under the 62 inches total dimension and 50 lbs limits. $25 one way baggage fee. I am now at savannah Georgia with the bike. No damage on anything even tough I only used a soft buggage case. Renting a single speed cheap MTB here is $50 per day. I am staying here for a week so the genesis will soon be paid off!
I took a trip to Las Vegas in Sept and really wanted to ride the Red Rock Canyon. I rented a bike for $50 for a half a day. To rent for 24 hours would have been $65. I was glad to have done it, but it I had a folding bike I could have ridden it every morning if I wanted. I can't wait to travel with this bike.

Last edited by kurtp13; 02-22-15 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Quote did not get captured properly