Old 12-18-17, 09:05 PM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Many (most) mag trainers will accept track nuts. Every mag trainer that I've owned or used has. I've owned 3 different models of mag trainers and used half a dozen others. They all took the track nuts.

You mention feel. Rollers give great feel, but you give up a lot of feel when you bolt on a fork stand.

If you want great feel, use normal rollers with large barrels. If you want great feel with more resistance, use normal rollers with narrow barrels or lower your tire pressure. If you want narrow for travel as well, consider Kreitler Hot Dog rollers. They are more narrow than standard Kreitler rollers:

Or you can special order these from Kreitler:

(this is my old bike and rollers)

Very small, light, and traveled well...but required too much concentration to stay up. Possible, but difficult to relax on them.
BTW thanks for reminding me of the options Kreitler provided. Those guys are awesome. I called them and custom ordered the hot dog rollers with 2.5cm rollers. I actually found an issue with their web order page for those rollers and they edited it within minutes and provided more options. That ought to make things interesting! NOTE: The hotdog rollers on their kompact frame will not work with some track bikes, like the Fuji Track Elite, with a shorter wheel base. So they are custom building the hotdog width of rollers and 2.5cm rollers on a standard frame, which is about 6 inches longer than the Kompact frame. Counter-intuitively, the shorter frame isn't compatible with shorter wheel bases.