Old 12-19-17, 10:25 AM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
That was very good of you to ask if your wheelbase would fit on the Hot Dog rollers frame which uses bolts to adjust for wheelbase.

If you have the standard black frame (that we have all seen before), you can run all of the roller width and diameter options AND you have the quick pin system to adjust for different wheelbase lengths as you change gears.

The rollers I had in the black and white photo above where custom made as well. Those aren't hot dog. They are the 4.5" diameter barrels with plastic end caps and ultra narrow width for traveling. Basically, the standard 4.5" low resistance barrels which were larger diameter than Hot Dog barrels and had them cut to a shorter width than Hot Dog barrels. And they used a standard frame and I could swap out standard width or narrow width barrels as needed.

So, on a relate note: If you already have standard width barrels, you can order narrow width barrels directly from Kreitler and use them on the same frame.
oooooohhh, it's going to be fun times on these narrow 2.5cm rollers! I wonder if I'll even be able to ride on them on my aero bars. We shall see!