Old 12-29-17, 11:36 AM
rensho3

Bikes: Fuji Elite, 3Rensho track, Trek Madone 6.9, Specialized MTB, GT MTB, Cannondale Cad3 fixie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rfreese888
Can't find anywhere else to ask about this. Have emailed Feedback Sports and waiting on their reply.

I just got a new Omnium and set it up for a workout using my Trainer Road software. I use a speed sensor to get a virtual power metric in the Trainer Road software. When I started the workout I had to mash a big gear just to get close to the warmup target power of 180 watts. Working with Trainer Road support (who are excellent) we have ruled out the bike and the speed sensor. It seems the Omnium rollers are seized up in some way. Has anyone else had this issue? Is the trainer faulty? The Trainer Road guys are fans of the Omnium so it definitely works for others. Also my Cycleops Fluid 2 works fine with Trainer Road (so not the rider either).

Any similar experience / solutions out there?
Is your problem that the rollers don't provide enough resistance. If so, then check and see if you have the track version. If you problem is that the rollers provide enough resistance, but you have to "mash" a big gear to get the sensor to see enough speed to give you a faux power, then I suspect that the rollers have not "seized up", which would provide a lot of resistance at very low speeds. If you can be more precise in the effect you are noticing, and the parameters that produce it, we may be able to help you figure this one out.