JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by HobbesOnTour
Thanks, John.
In the event of no internet access, I can just navigate by OSMand - that's what I would use to create the route without internet access. Not ideal, but in an emergency it'll do ok.
there may be some android software that bypasses the protections. I’m not that expert at android although I have gotten familiar with some of the debugging tools while messing around with my Hammerhead Karoo.

In point of fact, Osmand totally saved my bacon while on a tour in Norway when the Karoo software went into one of its many and unique piques of rage and wouldn’t run. The Karoo is android based. I was very impressed with Osmand and thanking all the tech gods for my foresight in loading the routes on Osmand on the Karoo beforehand. Osmand is capable software. Because the Karoo is android based, I could put it in developer mode and use the android developer tools to load in an App Store and launcher so that I could download other apps like Osmand.

Give the tablet and mobile world a few years and it will be the primary vehicle for managing devices. Sales of laptops is steady in a good year and down in a bad year. It’s not a growing market any longer.

J.