Old 09-20-20, 02:38 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
I've bought and used 2 of those. Both times at Cycle Oregon when I've broken my preferred 3rd Eye helmet mirror. On the bike, just as good a mirror and easier to set up. (I make custom brackets for the 3rd Eyes to securely place the mirror ecactly where I want it, Love it, but it doesn't always survive the complete change of routine that is the week of Cycle Oregon.

It's hard to see how one could be injured by the EVT. In a crash. It would just pop apart and the individual pieces don't have a lot of sharp edges. (Goood bet that if you could find the pieces it could be reassembled and used again.

As long as I can get the #rd Eye mirrors, I'll keep using them. 2 reasons, The EVT dork factor. And they stick out so much I catch it on things when I am not on the bike. Still, it;s an excellent product, very well thought out and executed.

(Cycle Oregon had an early lead on those mirrors. The inventor was a mechanic for the week for many, years.)

Ben