View Single Post
Old 10-28-20, 05:59 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,038 Times in 1,876 Posts
Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji
Can I add my purple SX to the serial numbers in question? I think it's a Japanese made '86 based on the opinion of one of the BF experts Bianchigirll but at the time she expressed that opinion I didn't have the bike and just shared the craigslist ad. All components are Shimano 600 tricolor. Serial is AS690645. Does the 2 under the serial have any significance?

Is there a link to Bianchi catalogs?

Thanks !

The subject frame was manufactured during January 1986 by Bianchi's Japanese contractor. Based on the year, Japanese manufacture and colour, which appears to be Metallic Violet, it should be a 1986 Bianchi Limited. These were originally spec'd with Shimano New 600EX, so any Shimano 600 Ultegra (a.k.a. tri-colour) would be upgrades. A good resolution, drive side photo of the entire bicycle should allow us to verify the identify.

The '2' would appear to be a cavity number or some other identifier related to manufacture of the bottom bracket shell itself.

Edit: I've seen reported 1986 Bianchi catalogues on several different sites but they all appear to be the from the same partial catalogue, which is a misidentified 1988 edition.

Last edited by T-Mar; 10-28-20 at 06:11 AM.
Likes For T-Mar: