Old 02-15-18, 03:54 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
I've been racing and training on clinchers ever since I started track riding. I started off with Vittoria Diamante Pros that came on my first track bike. They were a great tyre and lasted 2.5 seasons. Since then I tried Conti SuSos (lasted a few months - super unhappy with them), went back to the Vittorias (they had gone down from a 160psi max to 145 and only lasted a season this time) and now do almost everything on Conti GP4000S2. I have a second set of wheels nowadays and my original wheels (Velocity aeroheads 32/32 to DA hubs) now roll on Veloflex records that I only ride on bigger race days outdoors or for training indoors. My tubs only ever get used for boards racing. I've never had a problem with clinchers.

Not sure about elsewhere worldwide, but over here all racing from U17 and younger is on alloy clinchers. When you go to outdoor track carnivals, I would say at least half, if not more of the racers are using alloy clinchers. I've only ever seen one blowout mid race and the guy held it up and didn't affect any one else