Old 02-28-19, 11:22 PM
ocsawdust

Bikes: 85 botteccia, 85 mcmahn tiatainium, 90 something trek clyde, early 70s schwinn tandem single speed, early 90s gary fisher aquila (the daily rider now!)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Well, since your asking...... your not new to bikes, your road bike there is not your everyday run of the mill bike. I have a few years till 60, but I threw in the towel some time back. My recommendation would be something comfortable and that's something only you can decide. I could say 1 bike for each day of the week, or a bike for each mood. A fast bike or a leisurely riding bike, or off road. When I say threw in the towel it means making it comfortable. The comment about step through is a great thing to consider. Pretty much all my bikes are setup for a sitting up position. Even my old road bottecchia road bike is set up that way. Stems are all higher with swept back bars. To make something like that to work though involves the riser quill stem, angle and length of the clamp stem, shifters and brake levers and the configuration / shape of the bar, and then lengthing of all the cables and housing as they will probably be short. When that "sweet" is found you will know.

I also make my bikes able to do some basic work, carrying a lock in a bag plus some other stuff, coffee cup holder... I like small front racks and a smaller basket to make that all happen. I've found some low profile baskets that I like that are sold as cooler baskets. Yeti, and other rotomolded coolers have 3" high baskets that work great. REI sells them as an accessory then you add a rack you like.

some things to think about.

That's my .02