View Single Post
Old 05-08-20, 12:15 AM
monkeytusmc 

Bikes: Gunnar Roadie SS, Colnago C40 B-Stay Mapei, 2013 Greg Lemond Commemorative TDF 90 (#55 of 100), 1992 Greg Lemond Team Z, Dario Pegoretti Marcelo "Why Not?", (2) x Zunow Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Curious if everything was installed correctly. I am sure a lot of folks don't actually torque their cranks to spec or install them properly. I have never had a Shimano crankset fall out on a ride. I did have a Sugino 75 DD crank arm come a little loose while riding as I was just getting close to home but I since reinstalled everything and torqued it properly to spec and it hasn't moved. I installed the crankset a long time ago and didn't actually finish the bike for quite a while and probably forgot to check it before finishing the bike which was on me and not a fault of the crankset.
I would say it was installed correctly. this happened after a couple 1000 miles on an ultegra crankset on an uphill climb. broke halfway across on the drive side arm.