View Single Post
Old 09-01-20, 02:34 PM
sanmateoclimber

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by anotherbrian
While the house stays in the green zone (Rabbit Air filter upstairs and down, always on), our three car garage is usually one bracket lower on the scales as the outdoor numbers if the garage doors aren't opened during the day. Our garage is not well sealed (open vent to the outside at floor and ceiling level, then plenty of gaps around each of the three garage doors) and it will take several hours of continuous running of a large HEPA filter to get the numbers down to where I'd even consider exercising out there.
Ugh, thanks for sharing this. I hate it.

My single-car garage is probably better sealed than what you're describing of yours, but it's not the same as an enclosed room by a long shot. I don't know how people do strenuous riding inside the finished part of a house... no matter how many fans I point at myself, I always leave a truly disgusting amount of sweat in my wake. I see photos of people's zwift setup in the living room with a modest-sized mat under them and I can't even imagine how disastrously that would go down for me.