View Single Post
Old 05-19-19, 06:08 AM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Touring Underwear

I know there are some out there who, like me, don't wear padded shorts when on tour. One of the challenges for us is to find a good pair of underwear that doesn't have seams in the crotch and doesn't ride up the legs. For a few years I've been wearing Arcteryx Phase SL underwear. I like them, but the legs do ride up a bit, and since my two pair are both showing the kind of wear that indicate they may not make it through my upcoming two-month tour, I've been auditioning alternatives. I have a winner.

Andiamo! makes unpadded unisex skins. The crotch is seamless, they are made of 94% Polyester, 6% Lycra. The fit is snug, but not tight, and they stay nicely in place. I like that they are relatively short rise, so they don't have the pull-up-under-your-armpits fit that some padded cycling shorts have. They don't lose their shape over a few days' wear, they wring out well and dry quickly. The fit is a bit odd, as I wear a medium in just about everything (5'10", 170#), but the large in these works best for me. The legs on the medium felt maybe a bit short or tight and kept wanting to pull the crotch down. I highly recommend them for anyone looking for good touring underwear. They are only $15 a pair. I would also recommend them to folk to wear under padded shorts as these would certainly be easier to clean and dry, and they would allow one to wear the same padded shorts for several days without laundering. Check them out. https://andiamounderwear.com/shop/un...kins-unpadded/