Old 05-28-19, 08:18 AM
jahue

Bikes: Centurion Le-Mans (Bought by my father in-law while in the NAVY in Japan in 1970s), Bianchi campione d'italia 78

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Identifying a "vintage" MAVIC Support Bicycle

Guys, I need some help.

I am looking to figure out what frame is being used in a "vintage build". Short story to get you guys on the same page. I recently stumbled across an article about MAVIC neutral support which included a picture of a "70s period" neutral support bicycle. My curiosity got the better of me and I wondered what bicycle frame was used. Now I tend to keep up with the neutral support team and have enjoyed the developments and the controversy around the neutral support bicycle from the recent past. This is one of there reasons I was so curious. The question was what bicycle frame would have been used in the 70's.

This question has been rolling around for about a year no 70s pictures to be found.... fast forward to today and I still cannot nail it down.

Today I stumbled into a folder where I archived some images and this reignited the spark, so I though "I need some help". That gets me here.... hopefully thats enough background to get you guys up to speed.

So for what I know / don't know.

The pictures hopefully will help, if I need to I can get you guys back to the original articles the primary one being on theradavist.com (Yellow Carpet Tour).

My original though is Peugeot, it's French and would have been a contender at that time. The other possibility was Lejeune the frames are close but there are a few details that just don't match.

I know that most of these were likely custom and you could have a manufacture X that looks different from what was commercially available.

A couple of points that seem to be out of place: Straight forks, seatpost binder screw / bolt is straight in similar to the 3ttt version on the aero bicycles. The cables are also through routed which seems out of place. There are lots of other things that seem not period correct (modern KORE seat post etc) but this question just seems to gnawing at me what frame would have been used? Thanks for the help!
Likes For jahue: