Charles Wahl
Disraeli Gears

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk
Well Charlie,
If you promise to used these parts on a proper build, I will send then to you for cost of shipping and ask for pics of them in use.
Smiles MH It seems I have become a repository for obscure parts, these days.
Thank you for the kind offer Mad Honk , but as I said in the 2nd post, I just ordered a few of the 2BA screws. Kilroy1988 is right that I want to mount a modern shifter, a Simplex Retrofriction, without modifying the braze-on if I can help it. So I'll see what happens when I get the screws. If that doesn't seem to be the answer, then maybe I'll get back in touch, so that I can determine what thread those darned things have!
In my research, I ran across the Wikipedia article ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britis..._screw_threads ) that claims that the British Association thread standard was developed to be a metric-based one, in the 1880s. Strangely, the base size (0BA) started with a 6mm x 1.0, and then successive specs happen to be 0.9 x the previous. Pretty weird, compared to what we know today as the metric thread system where whole and half mm measurements are used.
BTW: I'm only "Charlie" to my spouse and others I have known for at least 30 years -- a personal/private rule.
Likes For Charles Wahl: