Old 03-23-24, 02:48 AM
Jean Daspry

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sorry, I forgot to address your last point :
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I am assuming this is a homebrew product because it is unlikely any major e-bike manufacturer is going to have a coaster brake on their bike even the cheapest e-bike cruisers usually have a rim brake at least which is also not super suitable but much better than a coaster brake. I would potentially look at something else that is a good candidate to convert to a electric bike if you really need to do that or get a pre-built e-bike from one of the many established companies using a high quality system like Bosch, Shimano, Brose, Fazua, Mahle...Hydraulic disc brakes are the ideal and are easy to mount on a lot of frames these days and can be had relatively cheaply for a decent set from Shimano or Tektro if you are building from frame up.

Where‘s that homebrew product from? Robert Bosch GmbH? Seems to me like a backwater shop with no "actual real mechanics", only "home hobbyists" that don‘t know what they‘re doing.
Same stuff for the guys from Cube Bikes, with their TOWN HYBRID PRO RT 400, or Supreme RT Hybrid EXC 625, both with coaster brakes and Bosch mid drives.

I think it‘s best to keep an open mind and get back to a much more debatable topic, about the ways of locking up a freewheel.

Last edited by Jean Daspry; 03-23-24 at 02:57 AM.