Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
I was supposed to have surgery yesterday, but I developed a cold, so they decided to postpone it a week. That threw just about everything off. I'd arranged time off work and a substituted to cover my work for me, but now I had to push that off a week (fortunately, my substitute is flexible like that). My in-laws were in from 5 hours away to watch the kids, so now we need to host new people (probably my folks if they can get down) next week. Important meetings that I'd pushed off until I got back now either have to come a lot sooner or get pushed back another week. Plus, there's been all the variations of the, "I thought you weren't supposed to be here" conversation all day today. I get the surgeon not wanting my weakened immune system to get in the way of my recovery, but it feels like a little cough (that I can only hope is gone by next week) really f-ed up a good chunk of my planned life for the next month or so. Or at least reminded me of how little control I have over things.
That sucks. I get it, for them they'd rather be safe than you get pneumonia, but for you it's a big deal.

One of my employees has surgery in about a month, and they have to decide how much time to take off to recover, how much I can let them work from home and when, it's a big process losing someone for 3 or 4 weeks, and of course it can all change. We're coming into a slow period (meaning we've been unsuccessful lately at winning enough work, which as one of the main bidders rests somewhat largely with me) so I'm fine losing her for a bit right now, it's good timing.