Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
Let's try the math again.

I work roughly just over 200 days a year. This is shorter than some other people because I have a 9/80 schedule, fewer days and longer hours. Est. 90 of these days will have a daycare trip and could be 14 miles if I rode. Est the remaining 110 would be 11 miles. So even though my circumstances keep changing, full time bike commuting would still be about 2500 miles, the same as my estimate from the last few years. (Once again my hat is off to the people doing 5000 or more miles, roughly 20 miles rt every day.)

I don't commute full time, often needing the truck for some errand or other. In 2017 we had a banner winter and twin newborns, so my commuting really didn't kick off til spring. Still, I managed to beat 1000 miles. If my work and family circumstances remain stable, I think I'll manage to do better than that in 2018. This is not a resolution or a campaign promise. But this is important to me... due to my bum ticker, working out is difficult enough to do much less make time for, and this is how I do it.

First commute tomorrow... maybe...
Genesis 49:16-17