Old 07-11-20, 01:36 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
You call that a knife!!!

Originally Posted by Andy_K
I'll start small. I have a bike with a Campagnolo crankset and a SunTour front derailleur.

Andy_K You call that a transgression?

Suntour FD on my mostly French touring bike... They handle triples well.

'83 Frankenag Super: Stronglight 105 cranks, Shimano Crane RD, Dia-Compe Gran Compe brakes, Suntour shift levers, Campy FD, hubs and seatpost bolt.

Hide the kids, cover your eyes... Colnago Technos with a 1987 Shimano Deore XT MTB gruppo...

Originally Posted by Last ride 76
Ok, especially after I razzed Andy this morning... My shame shame, on full display. This is a Super Record, Gt cut out BB, bought without the fork. My solution?

A carbon fork... With blue masking tape, no less.
A proper all Campy Gios frankenbike.

One of my all time favorite riding and handling bikes - my 1984 Gitane Super Corsa. I built up from a bare frame with parts I had on hand. The Simplex SX-610 RD index shifts a Shimano 8 speed cassette very well with Sachs Rival levers thank you.

Last but not least, my 1975 "all Campy" Raleigh Pro. The frame arrived one Saturday back 2007. I was in a hurry to build it up that evening and take it out for a spin on Sunday morning. Didn't have a Campy BB handy so I threw in a Stronglight crank. Haven't gotten around to changing it.

Oh, and one more transgression, all of my cassette hubs except for one are Shimanos - no matter what the front hubs are. Campy, Maillard, Suntour front, Shimano rear....

verktyg

Chas. ;-)

Last edited by verktyg; 07-11-20 at 05:18 AM.