Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
Sure, unless you had some reason to want your car later. Or unless you wanted to put your car into circulation for ride/drive sharing for the day in order to collect pay for lending/investing it in the system.

In many cases, they're not; or the bus only comes every half hour or once an hour. In some cases, you might be going somewhere that is a mile or more from a bus stop, so you might as well catch a ride/drive-share rather than take the time to walk from the bus stop to your destination.

It would not be as convenient as driving your own personal vehicle, but it would cost less. It would, however, be more convenient than taking transit in many instances, but it would cost a bit more.

Lol, I am qualified to discuss many things and I've never worried about whether someone else is qualified when they have something to say. I simply read what they think and decide for myself whether it is relevant or not, and if I think I can give them some insight beyond what they have, I do. What I don't do is sit in judgement of whether they are qualified or not.

There's no such thing as "how it works," at a general level. A specific company or platform might have a system that works in a certain way, but others can work differently, and there's nothing stopping anyone from changing any system or platform except the opinions and interests of the various people involved. Some people are open to change and other resist it.

If you think you know best ... start this idea you're talking about.

Incidentally ...

"It would not be as convenient as driving your own personal vehicle, but it would cost less." ... I agree with the first part of that. It certainly wouldn't be as convenient as driving my own personal vehicle. But would it cost less?

Who would pay the much higher commercial insurance? Me.
Who would fill it up? Probably me.
Who would have to get it serviced much more frequently than I do with my own personal vehicle? Me.

As I explained earlier, I'd have to be charging at least Uber prices if not taxi prices to cover it all.

So it's an inconvenient method of transportation AND costs the same as more convenient options.

But you like the idea ... so you give it a go and let us know how it goes.

Meanwhile ... how about talking about some options that don't involve cars???

Last edited by Machka; 06-06-19 at 08:10 AM.
Likes For Machka: