View Single Post
Old 06-06-19, 09:52 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Who would pay the much higher commercial insurance? Me.
Who would fill it up? Probably me.
Who would have to get it serviced much more frequently than I do with my own personal vehicle? Me.
People are using their cars to make extra money using ride-sharing already. The problem with it is they have to drive. What I am suggesting is that the platform give them the option of allowing their car to continue to be used when they aren't in it. It sounds like you're saying there's no way that this could be better than leaving your car parked when you're not driving it, but I can't believe that.

As I explained earlier, I'd have to be charging at least Uber prices if not taxi prices to cover it all.
Maybe because your insurance and other costs are high. Maybe you just live in an area with a high cost of living overall.

Meanwhile ... how about talking about some options that don't involve cars???
I'd like to see traffic overall start consolidating down to lower overall levels of vehicles so that more corridors can be re-forested as nice, tree-shaded pedestrian/bike paths.

Freeing these corridors by reducing overall traffic on the roads is the key to refurbishing them as linear parks.

What's been done with rails-to-trails projects could also be done as lanes-to-trails in corridors that have traditionally hosted automotive traffic.