Old 08-12-19, 08:45 PM
primov8

Bikes: State Bicycle Co. Undefeated Track SS/FG, Lynskey Helix-Bronze

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 95 Posts
This summer, I was planning to start up a new N+1, gravel/road Ti build. Instead, I had to push the plans back a bit later this year because my wife finally bought a bike, along with all (4) of our children all getting new bikes too.

Long story short, the children love riding their bikes. Even our youngest daughter was able to wean off the training wheels within a couple days of riding her bike. But the biggest surprise was our 10yr old daughter because riding her bike seemed second nature to her. Within less then an hour of riding her single speed Schwinn bike, she asked for the training wheels to be removed which I gladly did. Off she went, not a single fall. The following morning, we took the kids to ride on a local MUP not too far from my parent's home. Everyone enjoyed and on the way home, she was asking if there were bikes similar to mine available in her size because her single speed was "slow" for her. My wife already knew just by looking at my huge smile what I was already thinking.
Well, I had to do my part as a loving and supportive parent and found a well kept, pre-owned, Scott Speedster Jr24 for her. This pic was the first day taking it out back on the local MUP. She loves it and we've already made a couple changes on her bike; Serfas youth saddle, ProMend road pedals, KMC X10SL chain and Claris R2000 shifters on the way.

Likes For primov8: