Banned

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by puckett129
I think you lost me.

1. You said that you weren't interested in a geared bike another member posted because you wanted a SSFG so that your bike will be reliable.
2. I said that the mechanical difficulties that are said to occur with geared bikes are overstated by those who advocate for FG bikes.
3. You thank me for posting and tell me you love proving naysayers wrong.
4. I ask how this thread (or the "experiment" it describes) will prove that geared bikes are not reliable.
5. You ask me for a picture of myself so that you can judge my sense of style and accuse me of being filled with angst and suggest it's because I lack style.

Firstly, let me assure you that I am effing cool and I look it. Secondly, I still fail to see how you riding an overpriced, bike marketed to teenagers looking to jump on some bandwagon proves anything about the reliability of geared bikes... that's a pretty big leap.

Maybe you're confusing me with the member who mentioned that you seem to gravitate toward any bicycle related trend that is prevalent in the area in which you live? That was not me, although I couldn't help but notice the same thing.
This is how you started your dialogue with me:

Originally Posted by puckett129
That thing is hideous. It looks better than low end bikes here, but should be for that kind of money. But the colors... jesus, man.
not only is it disrespectful and doesn't contribute anything of value to the thread, it sets a bad precedent for future interactions as one only receives a single chance to make a first impression of which your was abysmal.

either run your experiment in parallel to mine with real data/images and not anecdotal evidence or please refrain from responding until you have something intelligent to contribute.