Old 09-25-18, 09:15 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Still, I think it is a bit much to claim his son is cheating or breaking rules by getting upgrades to race at Nationals.
1: We don't know what the son intended to do. We have not heard from him.

2: I've never asserted that anyone intended to break the rules.

3: It's a fact that rules were broken...according to the rule book stating that CAT-3 Track is required for Collegiate CAT-A Track cert.

People break rules all the time. This is why we have Bike Check at Nationals...to keep that from happening. I've seen people denied the ability to race because their stem was too long or bike was too light...FIFTEEN MINUTES before their biggest race of the year, after spending hundreds for travel and hotel. Hell, I've been denied because my aerobar extensions were too long.

Racing mass start as a CAT4 simply should not have happened...and is subject to being annulled upon protest or some sort of general review (i.e. It comes to someone's attention.)

Originally Posted by topflightpro
And even with Doge's kid's inexperience, I would hardly expect him to be a danger to anyone on the track.
Would you plop him into the Points Race at Elite Nationals or a Friday Night Pro Race at TTown with international pros?