View Single Post
Old 05-12-19, 11:02 AM
DrDyno

Bikes: 2007 Quiring Ti + 2014 Focus Izalco + 2009 Dynamic Synergy + 80's Bottecchia w/105 Crank Set + 2010 Jamis Commuter-4 + 1999 GT Slipstream Hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
My First Experience w/ Clipless Pedals

Hi All,

I'm in my eighth decade and, although I've only been into serious cycling for the past six or seven months, I biked everywhere as a kid. And, while on a road bike for the past four months, or so, I've been encouraged to get clipless pedals by most road bike enthusiasts, including my Doc at the VA! I've been afraid of forgetting to unclip and falling so I ignored the advice. Well, finally took the plunge and got a set of SPD pedals and shoes.

So, far (two rides - about 20+ miles with a dozen or so stops & starts) I have to say I like the clipless experience. I don't know if it adds to my speed; what it does do is take my mind off the position of my feet. You wouldn't think that's too meaningful but all of a sudden I have a wealth of time to spend relaxing rather than concentrating. Overall, a very positive result.

Haven't fallen yet... came close once or twice but every time I come close it just reinforces me to stay conscious as I come to a stop!
Likes For DrDyno: