View Single Post
Old 06-19-19, 08:41 AM
adefeatedman

Bikes: 2012 Giant Defy 1, 2013 Giant Revel 29er 0, Ritchey Road Logic custom build

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tdilf
Sounds like you should go do some test riding and let that be your guide…
Yeah, 100%. If only it would stop raining around here because the LBS won't let me take out new bikes into the rain.

Originally Posted by ksryder
My completely subjective opinion is that waiting on the new Diverge is probably your best bet for off the rack.

But I'd also try finding an LBS that didn't try to pressure you into an upsell. $2000 should buy you plenty of bike.
I think that is the case, so I'll probably test ride a 2019 model and if I like it, I'll put in an order for a 2020. They're usually pretty good, but like someone else commented, I just need to find a different salesperson. I've been using this shop for years and they are the best in the area. I am loyal to them. Just wasn't happy with this salesperson tbh.

After some consideration, I'm definitely going to stick with a gravel specific ride and not try and shoehorn large tires into an expensive endurance bike as a do it all. Here's what I've brought it down too:

1. Specialized Diverge E5 Comp - I think I might grow to like the future shock and the upgrade to 105 is worth it to me.
2. Giant Revolt Advanced 2 - As suggested, definitely the best value even if slightly out of budget. Carbon frame, but that has benefits and the geometry should be familiar to me.
3. Niner RLT 9 - It's just so damn beautiful I need to at least try it. Even if it is an awful value and last generation Tiagra. Even if I liked it, I'd probably try to integrate an upgraded groupset in an effort to make a deal.

Thanks guys.