Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2763 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by WannaGetGood
I run DHFs on both front and back and 27's. I think I am going to go bigger, at least in the front, I am just curious to see if others have jumped and have any advice to give.
OK. I hear the 27.5s measure up fairly accurate.

I'm running a "supposedly" 2.5 DHF on the front of my 26" bike, but in reality it is a 2.3 (identical in size to the 2.3 Aggressor I run in the rear, and several other 2.3s I've run). I'm OK with the size, but I do wish it was just a tad bigger. Over the years I've always gone for 2.4-2.5 in the front. Then a few years back someone highly recommended the Butcher in 2.3. I was at first a bit dubious of the smaller size, but it ended up being the best tire I had ever run in the front. The DHF I have now is the same size, and I like it even more. Not sure if I like them in spite of their size or because of it.

In your shoes, I would probably try the 2.5 in the front, especially if you have the rim width for it. I find 2.3's as big as I ever really need in the rear. I never ran a DHF back there, I usually go for something a little faster.