View Single Post
Old 11-05-12, 03:29 PM
musicman1

Bikes: 2015 CAAD 10 Ultegra; 2012 CAAD 8 Tiagra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
About 3500 miles for the year so far. Im probably near the end for riding as the weather has been both violent (Hurricane Sandy) and cold. Also there is a Nor'Easter on tap for Wednesday.

I feel like I should have done 5000 miles this year but really the best riding temps for me here are (in general) from April to June and Sept to Late October. I did do a lot of riding during July and August but it was scary hot.

On the up side my weight is down near 100 lbs in the 16 months ive been riding and even with the very little bit Ive done in the past 2 weeks my weight hasnt really changed one way or the other so riding has served me well. Also Ive started jogging and fast distance walking too. Maybe a cheapo gym membership for the winter will best serve me.

The other thing I feel Ive accomplished this past season was that I have now reached a certain level of cycling so that even after not riding for a long period of time I feel I can get on the bike and run a respectible half century without any issue where as before this season I would have needed to run a few 20 mile week day runs as a prelude to my now regular 50 mile weekend runs.

Next season i will work on speed althought that is up for me this year too.

Last edited by musicman1; 11-05-12 at 03:35 PM.