Thread: high end stuff
View Single Post
Old 10-11-16, 01:47 AM
Scummer
Genetics have failed me

Bikes: Norwid Aaland, Radon Slide 140, Elom 505 Titan, Dahon mju, Pedalforce CX1, Battaglin Power+, Old MTB and lots of spare parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Squeezebox
I do wish we could get out of this pissing match and talk about what a high quality touring bicycle would be.
I don't want to brag, but for ~5k Euros you can get IMHO the highest quality money can buy.
I have a custom built, stainless steel sled with Rohloff, TRP Hylex, Carbon Gates Drive, S&S couplers, system weight of a builders certified 150kg's, Tubus Rack, Schmidt SON with Edelux 2 and BM taillight. Oh, and my newest addition is a Knog Oi Bell for style points. Downside: It is heavy! Upside: It's a tank and tracks perfectly even when only one Ortlieb is loaded with 15lbs of groceries.

Anyway.. this is my dream bike which I had built by a custom frame builder in Bremerhaven, but for someone else it might be the total opposite and a total waste of money (like my dad thinks). I'm happy with the sled and that I was able to afford myself such a nice ride and after a year of daily use it has only let me down once, after I went on a forest trail with it and pinch flatted running over a big stone.

I think high quality is subjective, as my dad e.g. cannot understand how I can spent so much money on a 'simple' bicycle.

So in closing, do you think this is a high end configuration?