View Single Post
Old 10-23-19, 03:55 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
I will say IRC Firestorm tires.

I was looking for a new inexpensive brand of tires that would work well. One local forum member suggested IRC FS tires. Said they were great on fast downhills and fast cornering. I was riding up local mountain roads fairly often while training for a timed event up in the mountains. So I was descending switchbacks at 30 MPH and fast straights at 40 MPH. 20 mile descents so I needed a decent tire.

I bought 2 after his recommendation (thank goodness for spellcheck as I can never spell that word off the top of my head ).

First tire installed on front. 8 miles up the mountain road, something felt strange. Looked down at my tire and it was snaked. I believe caused by heat blisters, factory defects. I turned and rolled down the mountain slowly, very slowly. Got home, contacted the internet source and sent pics for a refund. Good guys, exchanged for a better tire and told me to keep the second and find out if it too was defective.

I installed the second tire on the front again and planned a long flat ride hoping to survive if the tire was junk. About 20 miles in, it also snaked. JUNK!!!! I reported that to the source as well. Hopefully they didn't sell anymore of those junk tires.

I also mentioned it to the local forum member. We live in the same area and thought we rode the same roads. Turns out I ride the local mountain roads and he living in the same 5 mile radius does whatever he can to avoid any type of climbing. OK, so WTH! If you are going to recommend tires to a guy who descends mountain roads at 40 MPH, don't base your recommendation off your fast cornering at 15 MPH while riding around the block ha ha!