View Single Post
Old 01-06-20, 04:56 PM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
I was going to suggest that, but it's not entirely off road....From St. Marie to Plummer you are on ID-3.

With that said, if the OP is flexible and willing to add some light traffic roads, I think it's a great option. The Hiawatha and the right of way between Pearson and Avery, with it's many tunnels and trestles, is a great ride.
I hoped you fill in some details on the route. I wasn't sure how strict the "off road thing" was and figured it was at least worth a look. This does look like a wonderful ride.

OP, here's a link to a young family that did the ride. From my research(a year ago), the only portion that REALLY isn't suggested for biking is the St. Marie to Plummer segment, ID 5 I think. The family in the link below got a shuttle to cover that part.

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/...id=554537&v=5f

Last edited by fishboat; 01-07-20 at 06:37 AM. Reason: typo
Likes For fishboat: