Old 05-20-12, 06:50 AM
late

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12206 Post(s)
Liked 1,501 Times in 1,111 Posts
Originally Posted by raybo

I rode on 113 out of Conway and it was a "never again" kind of road to me. It was a busy highway but had an ample shoulder, as I recall. Once I was past the outskirts of Conway, which go on a bit, the traffic died out. I followed 113/302 to Fryeburg, then 5 to 93 to 37 to 118 into Norway, where I are at a fabulous Vegan restaurant! You can read about that day's ride and see dozens of photos in my journal for that day. You can also see my tour tracks at trackmytour.com.

I found riding this part of Maine to be lots of short but steep rolling hills. It looked flat on google! I remember being very tired after this ride.

I am not a local and there are, indeed, lots of local roads that I didn't think about taking as I had no detailed map of the area. As I recall, some of the are dirt roads and I wanted to stay on pavement. For the most part, the roads I rode either had shoulders or were sparsely traveled. Regardless of what roads you ride, you'll likely be surrounded by forest all day.

I also rode the Kancamagus Hwy. It is climbing but through a beautiful National Park. I wouldn't ride through this area without doing it and I did it in the rain!
We did a tour up that way a few years ago, and I think we ate at the same place in Norway. Was it also a health food store?