View Single Post
Old 02-22-24, 10:07 PM
TexasLonghorns

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
What is wrong with the current crank? You could replace but it depends on the bottom bracket needed so that might also need replacement and then some adjustment of the gear and I would probably also replace chain and cassette.

If it is the Callas from South Korea, I wouldn't put much time or especially money towards it, if it is something nicer than you could but first figure out what is wrong with the current cranks. A two teeth difference for two chainrings on a triple isn't a huge enough need to swap over at least not for me.
Thanks for your reply. Current crank is rusted but still works. I'm currently station in Seoul South Korea at Camp Humprey's (US Army Base) so buying parts here isn't that simple. Mostly over-sea's shipping so I could only find 24/34/42 local shopping. Since it's a cheap bike, your right, not worth the money to buy all new matching expensive parts.
So the two teeth difference shouldn't be a problem once I order the new parts right? Problem meaning when I change gears, etc. I'm newbie to fixing up the bike & since its a cheap bike, not worth to take it to bicycle store since they over-charge.

Thanks again for the helpful info!