View Single Post
Old 03-19-20, 09:46 AM
SClaraPokeman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
I'm not expert--only been wearing helmets for 35 years, but those "holes" wouldn't bother me in the least. Notice that they are directly across from each other? I'd guess that they are part of the manufacturing process. I went out and just took a look at a Mavic helmet I currently wear and it has larger holes than those that are also directly across from each other. I think as long as something like this doesn't lead to a crack (which I don't can see how it could) the helmet should work as designed in event of a crash.

I've also saved a couple helmets I've used that have been involved in high speed crashes. Both have evidence of cosmetic manufacturing imperfections in the styrofoam liners, but that didn't prevent them from saving me from skull fractures (or worse).

As an aside, I've ordered stuff occasionally from Bike Inn the past several years, and I consider them a reputable distributer (a Spanish company that carries Exteondo which I like). I probably wouldn't get a helmet from them because I prefer not have that shipped from overseas and they also can be a bit on the slow side, but I have no reason to believe that they sell bogus or fake goods.