genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by hotbike
I was trying to find some of the old debates with John Forrester, here in the VC subforum , but can’t find any.
Are past threads archived ? I hope they haven’t been lost.
I did disagree with Forrester, I believe cyclists should be able to use main roads, but with convex or wide angle rear-view mirrors, video cameras, LED Lighting of equivalent lumens or luminosity to equal “legal” motorcycle lighting, loud horns, fairings to withstand “dooring”, LED turn signals, and maybe a few other things I forgot; but all tied in with enforcement, to get the buzzing, coal rolling, bottle throwing butt bunnies off the road. ... ahem.
Furthermore, I believe in a few traffic control protocols found in railroad “CTC” installations, and the V2V transponders, when those become available.
Everyone else, the elderly, women and children, handicapped, skaters, etc, and anyone who doesn’t have the $12,000 to spend on the aforementioned electronics package, should have available MUP’s or Bike Lanes.

Sorry if I sound rude.
I will miss John Forrester and his expression of his viewpoint, may he Rest In Peace.
The irony is that if real self driving cars ever come to exist... they will have all that fancy electronic stuff you mention and will preserve the cyclists rights to the road.

The impediment to VC was always the mindset of the motorist that "cyclists don't belong."
Likes For genec: