View Single Post
Old 06-06-20, 06:48 AM
dougphoto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by guadzilla
I had a medical truck-up last year, where the doctor prescribed me a far-too-heavy dose of prednisolone for far too long (for an eye inflammation related to an old MMA injury). I was on this course for about 3 weeks or so before it was changed, but it completely destroyed my fitness. I was waking up at night with cramps in all sorts of places, my running stride went for a toss and from being able to enjoyably run for 90-120 min, i couldnt run for 3-4 min without stopping. Took me an additional 4-5 weeks before i felt well enough to resume training normally - and i had to rebuild my entire running fitness from near-zero. Weirdly, my cycling, while affected, didnt deteriorate as badly.
Wow! that sounds horrible. Fortunately for me, it's been opposite I'm pain free for the first time since I don't know when and setting PR's every time I go out, easier to ride with no pain I guess. I"m bummed I only have a few days left. It's amazing how different drugs affect different people. If I can ask how are your wrists? I boxed for a long time, and wrist pain on anything over an hour and a half or so gets pretty horrible. Sometimes I think I should get my old wraps out and wrap my wrists for longer rides.