holytrousers
hoppipola

Bikes: fausto coppi

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
This is a circular argument that only ended because VC has been such an utter failure as a doctrine. I'm out.

And the logical fallacy is that if the vast majority of cyclists ride FRAP, then of course we can expect a majority of accidents to occur on the right of the road. It doesn't mean we'd be better off or even as well off if more people habitually rode in the lane. There would just more cyclists getting hit there.

I don't have any problem making myself seen on the right side of the road, and I do that by adjusting my position appropriately, including quite frequently taking the lane. All this extremist "riding on the right is bad" and "it's our road" rhetoric is just so much absurd noise echoing from a dead movement.
The argument that we are safer in the lane was in AlmostTrick 's previous paragraph : no car wants to run down a cyclist in plain view.
The sentence you picked up, as i understood it, simply states a correlation, not causality : the majority of rides ride frap, the majority dies frap.. which leads to his disenchantment and being fine with others riding the way they want.
You said you adjust your position appropriately, and that's including taking the lane : when do you chose to do so ?
BTW: i suggested we stop talking about VC as a movement and just discuss the technique and positioning strategies on roads without bike lanes or where bike lanes are unusable.