View Single Post
Old 07-27-13, 08:28 AM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,743 Times in 890 Posts
Rolled out to Bedford at 7:15 this morning, getting out ahead of what looked to be a very full day, and keeping a good pace while doing it. That early on a Saturday morning, the Minuteman is more crowded than the practically-deserted Mass. Ave., which begs the question, why wasn't I simply riding the roads? In my pre-caffeinated state I pedal better than I think, so that question went unanswered this morning, but I filed it away for consideration some time when my brain is up to it.

Lexington had a couple of crews out whacking the weeds on the shoulders of the Minuteman between Bedford Street and Hartwell Avenue, raising clouds of vegetable particulates including an unknown fraction of poison ivy. * HACK, COUGH *

A medium-sized group ride charged by outbound as I was returning, possibly the Quad Cycles folks. My old friend Walter hailed me from their midst; Walter is one of my distance-cycling role models, though I never caught the group-ride bug.

Home too soon, on with the day. One virtue of this schedule is that I get to listen to A Hillbilly At Harvard without feeling it's delaying my departure time.

rod