Old 09-28-19, 08:16 PM
Chicago Al 

Bikes: 1974 Motobecane Grand Record, 1987 Miyata Pro, 1988 Bob Jackson Lady Mixte (wife's), others in the family

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 78 Posts
[Editing later on: it's a High PLAINS I had bought in the step through frame, a good bit lower on the Schwinn ladder.]

Funnily enough I just went and checked the High Sierra ('ladies') I bought last weekend and it's 17". Seems very small, but the only other 'ladies' frame for that bike is 21". Wife has a 21" frame mixte road bike, which is an unusually large mixte, though not a whole lot of seatpost exposed there. So a 17" mountain bike 'should' be right.

But she reports that on the High Sierra, with seatpost extended so that her leg extension was right, she felt crowded, like her knees came up too far in front. Maybe we're just not used to mtn bike fitting, and may need to look at it again.

Or possibly something like the Trek Multitrack hybrid (700c) due route suggests is a good, more comfortable option, there certainly are lots of them for sale.

Still hoping the guy with the Paramount PDGs will assent to at least letting me see them. Can't figure out why he keeps relisting them on CL if he doesn't want to sell...IS IT ONE OF YOU???

- Dr Samuel Johnson

Last edited by Chicago Al; 10-22-19 at 09:53 AM.